Delish editors handpick every product we feature. We may earn commission from the links on this page.
Tater Tot Casserole
This casserole is a total guilty pleasure. If you're trying to lighten it up, ground turkey or chicken would be a delicious swap out for the beef. If you're really being good (we're impressed!) top the casserole with zucchini tater tots in place of the potato variety.
Are you an under cover tater tot lover? Then you GOTTA try our tater tot grilled cheese, AKA the best drunk food ever.
extra-virgin olive oil
medium yellow onion, diced
cloves garlic, minced
Freshly ground black pepper
low-sodium chicken broth
grated cheddar, divided
frozen tater tots
slices cooked bacon, cut into 1/2" strips
Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425º. In a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onions and cook until softened, 3 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add ground beef and break up with a wooden spoon. Cook until no pink remains, 6 minutes. Drain fat from skillet and return to heat.
- Add cayenne and flour and stir for 1 minute. Pour in broth, then bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Fold in 1 cup cheese, peas, and corn.
- Transfer meat mixture to a 9"-x-13" baking dish. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese and scatter tater tots and bacon in a single layer over the beef filling. Bake until cheese is melted and tots are golden, 27 to 30 minutes.
- Let rest for 2 to 3 minutes and garnish with scallions before serving.
[image id='17d88b31-c9d7-4d17-8294-9ec5b141dcfb' mediaId='2b301369-0ac6-443c-9b31-e1708bf9c9c6' align='center' size='medium' share='true' caption='' expand='' crop='original'][/image][poll id='fb30a754-66c1-482e-9daf-7cbfe57b6956_0' type='text' question='Do you love tater tots?' answer1='DUH.' answer2='Meh, they\'re fine.'][/poll][product contentProductId='e51cb8b9-ac9c-41ee-995b-d8974af56a91' mediaId='e62d8760-9a8d-4a39-aeab-f80a011a9da5' align='left' size='small'][/product]