Delish editors handpick every product we feature. We may earn commission from the links on this page.
Apple Pie Cookies
What's easy than Apple Pie? Cute little Apple Pie Cookies! These have everything you love about traditional apple pie - flaky crust, spiced apples, and even a little caramel. They take half the time and are the perfect way to serve up mini apple pies!
Have you made these yet? Let us know how it went in the comments below!
Granny Smith apples, finely chopped
packed brown sugar
Juice of 1/2 lemon
All-purpose flour, for surface
refrigerated pie crusts (such as Pillsbury)
caramel (warmed in microwave to make spreadable, if necessary)
Egg wash, for brushing
cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make apple pie filling: In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add apples and cook until beginning to soften, then add sugars, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir. Let cook a few minutes more, then add cornstarch and lemon juice. Remove from heat and let slightly cool.
- Roll out one refrigerated pie crust on a floured work surface. Slice into strips that are about 4" long and 1/2" thick . Set aside.
- Unroll the second pie crust and use a 3" cookie cutter to cut out rounds. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon a small amount of caramel into the center of each circle and top with apple pie filling. Top half the lattice strips over the filling going one direction, then the remaining half going the other direction. Use the same cookie cutter to trim off excess dough. This will also help seal the crusts together.
- Brush cookies with egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, 28 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.