Delish editors handpick every product we feature. We may earn commission from the links on this page.
Easy Key Lime Pie
This classic pie has the perfect amount of tang. We love the simplicity of a store-bought pie crust, but homemade works too (see recipe below). Make it for a summer cookout, birthday party, or just because.
What's so special about key limes?
Key limes are smaller, more aromatic, and more floral than regular limes. They're also slightly yellow in color and smaller than the limes we usually cook with.
Do I need to use fresh limes?
Though it's tedious to squeeze the juice out of tiny limes, we recommend it for the freshest, boldest flavor. However, if all you can find is bottled key lime juice, or if you're pressed for time, that works too. In that case, you'd want to sub in regular lime zest.
How can. I make my own crust?
Grind 9 graham crackers in a food processor or crush them in a resealable plastic bag until you have fine crumbs. In a large bowl, combine crushed graham crackers, 5 tablespoons melted butter, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and a pinch of salt, mixing until mixture is the texture of we sand. Press into the bottom of an 8" or 9" pie plate and bake at 350° for 7 minutes. Let cool before using.
Looking for more key lime treats? These key lime pie pops are the perfect way to cool down in the summer.
Made it? Let us know how it went in the comment section below!
(14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
whole egg yolks
key lime juice
key lime zest
pre-made graham cracker crust
lime zest, for garnish
Lime slices, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°. Make filling: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and sour cream until smooth. Add lime juice and zest and mix until just combined.
- Pour mixture into pre-made graham cracker crust. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool for half an hour at room temperature, then refrigerate until completely cool, at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- When the cake is cooled, whip the cream. In a large bowl, beat cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Top pie with whipped cream, lime zest, and lime slices.