Delish editors handpick every product we feature. We may earn commission from the links on this page.
Air Fryer Coconut Macaroons
Not to be confused with the French macaron, the macaroon is a mounded pile of coconut heaven. Few treats are as satisfying as these. There's the intense coconut flavor, the delightful texture, the snackable size, and—on the best versions—a chocolate coating for extra decadence. This version's got it all, with a convenient twist: you can make them in the air fryer, which means they take less than 10 minutes to bake. (If you don't have an air fryer, no problem—make these classic macaroons instead.)
For a pink, raspberry-infused version, smash 1/4 cup fresh raspberries into the foamy egg white mixture with a fork and then toss in the coconut. Form and fry according to recipe instructions.
Can't get enough coconut? Try our recipes for Lemon Coconut Tart, the Ultimate Coconut Layer Cake, and Macadamia Nut Blondies.
large egg whites
Pinch of kosher salt
unsweetened shredded coconut
Olive oil cooking spray
semisweet chocolate chips
virgin coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites, honey, and salt until foamy. Add coconut and stir to combine.
- Line an air-fryer basket with foil, leaving about a 1" overhang on 2 opposite sides. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray.
- Tightly pack coconut mixture into a tablespoon measuring spoon. Carefully arrange mounds flat side down in prepared basket, spacing about 1/4" apart. Cook at 320° until set on top and light golden in places, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip and continue to cook until flat side is set and dry to the touch, 1 to 2 minutes more. Using foil overhang, carefully remove macaroons from air fryer. Let cool.
- Line a small baking sheet or plate with parchment. In a small heatproof bowl, combine chips and oil. Microwave on high, stirring, until just melted and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Dip flat side of macaroons into chocolate mixture. Transfer to prepared sheet chocolate side down. Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 20 minutes.
Make Ahead: Macaroons can be made 1 week ahead. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Nutrition (per serving): 114 calories, 2 g protein, 9 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 9 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 23 mg sodium