Delish editors handpick every product we feature. We may earn commission from the links on this page.
Look no further for the perfect homemade pancake recipe! Served with some oven-baked bacon, breakfast couldn't be any more perfect. Here's how to make perfect pancakes from scratch every time:
- Spoon your flour into a measuring cup. Don't scoop the flour with your measuring cup. This leads to overpacking the cup with too much flour, which can result in tough pancakes.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites. Whipping the egg whites gives the batter some extra lift. Plus, you'll get a nice li'l arm workout. 😉
- Gently stir together your wet and dry ingredients. If you over-mix, you'll end up with a dense short stack. We'd rather you stir until you still have a few small clumps of flour.
Want fluffier pancakes? Double the baking powder!
Feeding a crowd? This recipe easily doubles! To keep pancakes warm while you're cooking, put cooked pancakes in a low oven (200° works) and cover them with foil.
Want to get a little crazier with your pancake mix-ins and toppings? Trust us, we gotchu. Check out our 50+ pancake recipes.
Have you tried this recipe? If yes, YAY! Please rate it below and let us know how you liked it.
large egg, separated
pure vanilla extract
melted butter, plus more for cooking
Maple syrup, for serving
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk to combine egg yolk, vanilla, milk, and melted butter. Gently fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined.
- In another medium bowl, using a hand mixer, beat egg white until stiff peaks form. Fold egg white into batter gently with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Pour about 1/4 cup pancake batter into pan. When little bubbles appear, about 1 to 2 minutes, flip and continue cooking until both sides are lightly golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with maple syrup.