Delish editors handpick every product we feature. We may earn commission from the links on this page.
This TikTok number has taken breakfast tables by storm, and for good reason. It involves topping bread with a shortcut egg-yogurt “custard” to create a slightly sweet, fancy-ish dessert with barely any effort.
The choices of toppings are ripe for your imagination. (FYI, Team Delish favors a bit of chocolate in the custard.) Go for any type of fruit and berry, and why not a few oats sprinkled on top?
Let us know some of your favorite variations in the comments below!
thick slices of bread such as brioche, wheat or sourdough
maple syrup, agave, honey or melted chocolate, plus more for drizzling
Pinch of cinnamon
Blueberries, strawberries, and/or raspberries, for topping
Powdered sugar, toasted oats, dried coconut, chocolate shavings (all optional), for serving
- Preheat an oven to 400º or an air fryer to 375º. In a medium bowl whisk yogurt, egg, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
- Using your fingers or the back of a spoon, press into the center of the bread to indent and create a well without tearing. Fill with custard mixture, dividing evenly between the slices. Top the custard with your berry (or mix of berries) of choice.
- If using an oven: Place prepared bread slices on a baking sheet and bake until the custard is set and the bread is golden brown, 10 to 13 minutes.
- If using an air fryer: Carefully place the prepared bread slices in the basket of your air fryer and cook until the custard is set and the bread is golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and drizzle with your topping of choice and optionally finish with a dusting of powdered sugar.