Delish editors handpick every product we feature. We may earn commission from the links on this page.
I love a simple but crazy delicious breakfast, and these tostadas are just that. I make fresh tostadas from corn tortillas, which always taste better to me and take very little effort, but you can always buy tostadas instead and save yourself a step in the morning. The toppings on these tostadas are my ideal toppings, but you can change them up however you’d like. Cook an overeasy egg instead or top with some sour cream. The best part is that these can be different every time you make them and still be so very good.
Have you made these yet? Let us know how it went in the comments below!
small corn tortillas
extra-virgin olive oil, divided
(15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
shredded pepper jack cheese
avocado, halved and pitted
Juice of 1/2 lime
chopped fresh cilantro
Freshly ground black pepper
Pickled jalapeños, pickled red onions, and salsa, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a large baking sheet, arrange tortillas in a single layer. Lightly brush both sides with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt. Bake until golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mash beans with a fork until mostly smooth but with some chunks remaining. Stir in water.
- Divide beans among tortillas and spread in an even layer. Top with cheese. Continue to bake until cheese is melty, about 5 minutes more.
- In another small bowl, smash avocado until smooth. Stir in lime juice and cilantro; season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Working in batches, crack eggs into pan and cook until whites are set, about 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Top tortillas with smashed avocado, 1 egg, jalapeños, onions, and salsa.