Delish editors handpick every product we feature. We may earn commission from the links on this page.
Layered Ombre Lemonade Drops
Looking for an easy, show-stopping cocktail this summer? Look no further than these layered ombre lemonade drops. They take the idea behind classic faves like frozen margaritas and strawberry daiquiris to the next level with colorful, bright layers. They’re quick, simple, and best of all, only need 5 ingredients (plus fresh fruit garnishes, if you like) 😍.
Those 5 ingredients? Just vodka, lemonade, frozen mango, frozen strawberries, and ice. Easy peasy, right? We will say, these do take a bit of finesse and planning, but trust us, and don’t let some of the extra steps overwhelm you. Though it may seem like extra work, freezing your different colored mixes in between helps from muddling together once you begin layering. Alcohol doesn’t freeze, so don’t worry— a stint in the freezer will keep them cold and perfectly slushy, but not too frozen to pour.
Speaking of alcohol, we went with vodka, but these would be equally great with rum, tequila, or any of your favorite flavored options. Not a fan of strawberries or mango? Feel free to swap in other frozen fruit options—we think peaches or pineapple would be nice. You could even swap in a different type of lemonade if you like—pink is our fun go-to, but strawberry lemonade or even limeade would be great too. These are infinitely adaptable, so take inspiration from the flavor combos in some of our top summer cocktails (blueberry lemonade margaritas, spiked watermelon lemonade, our sparkling basil lemonade…), and get creative!
Made these? Let us know how it went in the comments below.
Editor's Note: This recipe was updated on July 15, 2022.
Lemon Slices, for garnish
strawberries, for garnish
- Fill blender with mango, 2 ounces vodka, 1 cup lemonade and 1 cup ice. Blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a separate container and freeze for 30 minutes. Clean blender.
- Fill blender with strawberries, 2 ounces vodka, 1 cup lemonade and 1 cup ice. Blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a separate container and freeze until ready to serve. Clean blender.
- Fill blender with remaining vodka, lemonade and ice. Blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a separate container and freeze until ready to serve.
- Pour each mixture into serving glasses in layers starting with the mango mix, then adding the strawberry lemonade mix, and ending with the lemonade mix.
- Garnish with lemon slices and strawberries.