Delish editors handpick every product we feature. We may earn commission from the links on this page.
Roasted Red Pepper Shrimp Linguine
Creamy, smoky, and spicy, this comforting shrimp pasta is low effort, high reward. Thanks to store-bought roasted peppers, very little active cooking time is required. And though you totally could roast your own peppers, we actually preferred the jarred version rather than homemade roasted peppers while testing this recipe. The store-bought variety tends to be more tender, which makes for a smoother, more velvety sauce.
If you’d like to skip the wine, replace it with broth, apple cider vinegar, or water. And if you’re not into spice, reduce the paprika to 1 teaspoon or less in total, and skip the red pepper flakes altogether.
Made this? Let us know how it went in the comment section below!
medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
finely grated lemon zest
smoked paprika, divided
(16-oz.) jars roasted red peppers, drained
shallots, finely chopped
cloves garlic, finely chopped
dry white wine
Chopped fresh parsley or basil and crushed red pepper flakes (optional), for serving
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover bowl with a kitchen towel and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, blend peppers, cream, and remaining 2 teaspoons paprika and 1 teaspoon salt until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden at the edges, 3 to 5 minutes. Add wine and scrape up any browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until most liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes more.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add pepper mixture. Increase heat to medium and bring to a simmer. Add reserved shrimp in an even layer and cook, flipping once, until opaque, white, and slightly curled, about 3 minutes total.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in cooked pasta, adding pasta water to loosen sauce if necessary.
- Divide pasta among bowls. Top with feta, parsley, and red pepper flakes, if using.